Please review all of the information about the course on this page, particularly the steps required to receive a certificate of completion.
To begin the course, register or login using the button at the top right-hand side of the webpage. You'll only need to register once to access future courses from HHRC.
Course Learning Objectives
- Define signs and symptoms of major mental illnesses among people experiencing homelessness.
- Describe common co-occurring mental and physical illnesses and treatment considerations for people experiencing homelessness.
- Identify best practices for increasing medication and treatment adherence for people experiencing homelessness.
Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to respond to journal prompts and reflect on the information provided to identify key takeaways that you will use in your practice. There is a post-test at the end of the course, which must be passed with an 80 percent score in order to complete the course. You have an unlimited number of attempts for this post-test. All activities are required to complete the course successfully.
This course is self-paced, and you can start and stop as you wish. We estimate the course will take 1.5 hours to complete.
Continuing Education Units
This course is approved for 1.5 CEUs from the National Association of Social Workers.
Bookmarks, Note Pad, and Take a Moment Exercises
Throughout the course, there are several features that you can use to bookmark key passages and capture your thoughts:
- Bookmark: Use this feature for key sections of the course you would like to return to.
- Note Pad: Use this feature to make notes throughout the course about your questions or ideas.
- Take a Moment: Throughout the course, you will respond to prompts that help you capture your ideas on applying this information.
- You can access your bookmarks, note pad, and answers to the Take a Moment exercises from this page.
Certificate of Completion
To receive a certificate of completion, you will need to:
- Read all of the course articles
- Pass the post-test with an 80% or higher score
- Complete all of the Take a Moment exercises
- Complete the final evaluation
- Mental Health: Serious Mental Illness
- Mental Health: Mental health treatment
- Co-occurring Disorders