Please review all of the information about the course on this page, particularly the steps required to receive a certificate of completion.
To begin the course, register or login using the button at the top right-hand side of the webpage. You'll only need to register once to access future courses from HHRC.
Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to react to scenarios and case studies, explore sample conversation starters, and reflect on the information provided to identify key takeaways that you will use in your practice. There are quizzes throughout the course, which must be passed with an 80 percent score in order to continue. You have an unlimited number of attempts for each quiz. All activities, including Take a Moment boxes, are required in order to successfully complete the course.
This course is self-paced, and you can start and stop as you wish. We expect the course to take 3 hours in total to complete.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course has been accredited for 3 CEUs from the National Association of Social Workers. Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion with the CEU approval number.
Bookmarks, Note Pad, and Take a Moment Exercises
Throughout the course there are a number of features that you can use to bookmark key passages and capture your thoughts:
- Bookmark: Use this feature for key sections of the course that you would like to come back to.
- Note Pad: Use this feature to make notes throughout the course about questions or ideas that you have.
- Take a Moment: Throughout the course you will respond to prompts that help you to capture your ideas on how to apply this information.
You can access your bookmarks, note pad, and answers to the Take a Moment exercises from this page.
Certificate of Completion
In order to receive a certificate of completion, you will need to:
- Read all of the course articles
- Pass each quiz with 80% or higher score
- Complete all of the Take a Moment exercises
- Complete the final evaluation
The Certificate of Completion will not appear in your account if the above four steps are not completed.
- Mental Health: Serious Mental Illness
- Mental Health: Mental health treatment
- Co-occurring Disorders
- Outreach and Engagment: Motivational Interviewing
- Treatment Models : Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Treatment Models : Harm reduction
- Treatment Models : Critical Time Intervention
- Treatment Models : Stages of Change
- Treatment Models : Outpatient: Community based treatment
- Supportive Services: Peer Services / Supports